Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Halloween TV Specials

It's been a while since I've written a blog, so just wanted to touch base and also talk about Halloween (since it's so close). I did watch The Challenge last week, but I really don't have that much to say about the episode, therefore I decided to not blog about it.  Now on to Halloween and my blog about it.  I decided not to write about movies, but instead I looked up Halloween specials and I'll talk about the ones that I watch and actually remember.  My thoughts are that if I don't remember the special then it really isn't worth talking about.  I do recommend all of these episodes, but I don't want to give too much away so I just stick to the basics.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
You can argue that for Buffy the Vampire Slayer every episode is Halloween themed, but there are specific episodes that are listed as actual Halloween episodes.  These episodes are from the even numbered seasons and are called "Halloween", "Fear Itself" and "All the Way".  I find each of these episodes enjoyable and they all contain the humor that I've come to expect from Buffy.  

"Halloween" is from the 2nd season and I believe it is the first introduction of Ethan, an old friend of Giles'.  In this episode Ethan opens up a costume shop and sells costumes to the people of Sunnydale.  These costumes end up being bewitched and turn the wearer into the creature they were for Halloween.  For example Willow becomes a ghost, Buffy a princess, and Xander a solider.  Willow takes control of the group and convinces everyone that they are friends.  Buffy also learns that Angel wants her and not the girls that he knew when he was human.  She thought he wanted this and decided to be a princess for Halloween because of it.  Ethan runs away at the end, Oz notices Willow again, and we see Xander take a lead role as an army man.

Giles and Buffy's reaction to his outfit
"Fear Itself " is a 4th season episode and features one of the single funniest shots from the show, Giles in a sombrero! If you know the show and know Giles, you know how hysterical this shot is; if you don't I recommend finding out.  In this episode the Scoobies(Buffy and her friends) literally face their own fears.  The plot involves a frat party, an ancient symbol and a pint-sized demon that is stepped on by Buffy.

The last Buffy Halloween special is called "All the Way".  This episode features Dawn and her experience with a vampire, who wants to turn her or just feed from her.  This also deals with the supernatural creatures taking Halloween off, at least the older ones do.  I think in this episode Dawn stakes her first vampire, but I could be wrong.  Also this features a nice old man as a red herring.  

Charmed
Phoebe starts a myth/legend about witches
I love Charmed it's one of those shows that I think I will always love.  I love it because it captures your imagination, yes witches exist and yes so do angels and yes to any other question you have.  I also love it because it showed me that women could be kick but and fight for they believe in, never give up and also just because you're the strongest doesn't mean you'll win (smarts are important too). The Halloween episode of Charmed I'll talk about is "All Hallows Eve", it's from the 3rd season and involves the sisters going back in time to the 1600's and the Salem witch trials.  The sisters end up delivering Melinda Warren (who is the start of their line and I believe created the Book of Shadows).  


The Big Bang Theory
In mind my The Big Bang Theory is one of the funniest shows on TV, I love it and I  also love that is has a Halloween episode, "The Middle Earth Paradigm".  Penny throws a Halloween party and invites the guys, they meet up at Leonard and Sheldon's apartment before the party and this scene occurs.

Turns out that all of the guys decided to go as the flash. Before going they change, Sheldon goes as the Doppler Effect (insert zoom noise here) and Frodo (Leonard) meets Penny's cave man boyfriend, literally.  Raj has fun as well, so it all works out great. 


One Tree Hill
Before the Batman-Haley kiss
I like the first 4 seasons of One Tree Hill, after these seasons, I just stopped watching, but one episode from the series did make this list-"An Attempt to Tip the Scales".  This features the Batman-Haley kiss and Brook tricking Lucas into dressing up as Tommy Lee.  The Nathan and Haley romance is a corner stone of the show and the Batman-Haley kiss was a mystery for awhile.  Did Haley and Nathan kiss or was it someone else (Chris)? It did  end up being Chris, but this did show that Chris could do something nice (kinda).



Smallville 
This episode of Smallville features a witch with a vengeance  now I don't necessarily like season 4 the best, but this episode is funny and has some good moments.  Unfortunately I didn't find an image of my favorite scene from this episode (Lex playing the piano like a mad man, while under a spell) but I did find one of the witches.  The witches wreak havoc over Smallville to find some stones and under up getting bested by Clark, but not before putting up a fight. 




 HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!
Let me know if you like the episodes 

No comments:

Post a Comment