Monday, October 1, 2012

So I guess that I should introduce myself, I'm Kristin and I'm 22. I LOVE reality tv and certain specific shows more than others.  I also love some shows on tv right now, but in general don't watch tv except for reality shows.  This blog will feature various rants about my latest obsession.  Be warned the obsession might be a new show or a show that has gone off the air, but I may have just discovered it.

So let's get to the first rant. This rant is some what sporadic since I want to get a lot out now. So first is one ironically is about Grey's Anatomy. Every couple of months I get on a Grey's Anatomy kick, where I get caught up on the latest episodes and re-watch the seasons that I have.  So right now I'm on season 2.  I just like how Meredith is kinda of a pessimist.  In a world where the female lead on TV has to either be in law enforcement, a romantic, a slut or just in general a mean person.  Meredith is a breathe of fresh air.  She goes through her life and deals with the crap that gets dumped on her and keeps going.  Her and Cristina aren't touchy-feely people and that's OK.  If you don't like hugs then it's alright; don't want to share, that's fine.  It's nice to have that on TV and there's also the random different people that are on the show.  That's refreshing.

Yes I do acknowledge that Grey's Anatomy is a medical show but I'm not a doctor and never wanted to be one, so the medical stuff is just kinda a bonus.  The romantic relationships seem to have real world problems and don't have the happy ending that many other shows seems to have.  These relationships are complicated and diverse.  It's not the same problems popping up time after time but instead new problems for every relationships.  That is what makes it fun to watch and exciting to see what will happen next. Go Grey's Anatomy for having a diverse group of characters and complex relationships, the medical background is just a bonus for those with an interest in the medical field.  For those of us that don't have an interest in the field, it's just a part of the characters and their lives. 

Ok so that is the rant about Meredith, her relationships, and her show.

No comments:

Post a Comment