Saturday, October 20, 2012

The Bachelor: A Beautiful Disaster

The Bachelor is one of those shows that is so very fun to watch, because you have to believe that contestants know that the odds are against them finding real truly everlasting love.  The two most recent couples to come from the franchise, Jef and Emily, and Ben and Courtney have called it quits. I wish I could say that I was rooting for you guys but sorry, not so much.  I have only seen bits and pieces of Ben's season, but from what I gather from the magazines, video clips, and random rants from others-Courtney was mean.  Not like 'you talked about my mom' mean but like unprovoked mean.  I've seen some clips where girls try to apologize to her and she's like too bad you screwed up and I will never forgive you. Courtney, let me tell you something I have a Masters degree in Grudge Holding, so I'm telling you the truth when I say, forgiving someone feels so much better.  While they might not have said the nicest things, just forgive them, since they seem very genuine about their apologies, so accept it and move forward.  Also from what I've seen, Ben isn't around for the apologies so it can't really be motivated to get in good with Ben, just saying.

O.k. now on to Jef and Emily.  First off I did watch most of Emily's season right up to the hometown dates, then I stopped, for whatever reason.  I think Jef is a nice guy, but I wouldn't have gone with him.  Instead go with Sean all the way.  Your friends loved him, I think he did the best with the kids in the park, if memory serves.  It should have been Sean all the way.  Jef, just eh didn't really do anything for me, sorry dude.  Emily  was too perfect and really too into finding out where someone thought they would be in 5 years.  Now I don't have a kid so I can't speak from experience concerning how I would approach dating with a kid, but newsflash-you don't know where you're going to be next month, let alone 5 years. I kinda thing that Emily was a bad choice for The Bachelorette just because there really wasn't too much exciting going on.  Now I'm really biased because I absolutely love Ashley and J.P.  I'm excited to know that they are moving forward with their relationship and just absolutely adore them.  Team Ashley and J.P. all the way!!  So compared to Ashley, Emily falls flat.  I really don't know what it was about Emily that Brad like enough to pick her, but there has to be something that doesn't come across on TV, that is in real life.

As for the next Bachelor being Sean, I'm excited. I want Sean to find a great woman on the show and hopefully both of them are in it for the right reasons.  The Bachelor was amazing in the beginning as it was a brand new concept, see if people can meet and find love in I think like 2 months with cameras around them.  Now unfortunately, it has become a breeding ground for famewhores.  I feel bad for the people that actually want to find love, but by this point you kinda know what you signed up for. Sorry future contestants hope you beat the odds.  Which are by the way out of 8 seasons of The Bachelorette 2 couples are still together, 1 of them married (Trista and Ryan).  The Bachelor isn't so lucky out of 16 seasons (15 bachelors) their is one couple that met on their season, Jason and Molly.  Note about this couple they got together on the "After the Final Rose" special and therefore aren't an 'official Bachelor couple'.  So good luck Sean, you're going to need it to beat the odds!

No comments:

Post a Comment