Wednesday, October 10, 2012

America's Next Top Model

This is one of those shows that every once in a while I get the urge to watch.  I am actually watching season 19 of the show right now.  I do not like the judging process this season at all. Including social media in the judging process is somewhat pointless.  This factor almost lets the judges say, "I like you, but social media does not." If the judge doesn't like a girl, then they can blame social media for the elimination.  The only way including social media in the judging would actually work is if live feeds of the girls was allowed.  This way people can make a decision about a person based on everything that they do.  By not offering live feeds of the girls, editors and producers have too much influence on the way that judging goes down.  I have no problem with this if the producers of the show don't pretend to take fan consideration into account.

Since I am watching episode 3, I feel like I should comment on the girl quitting.  I guess if you quit, it's better to quit sooner then get to the end and quit.  Still I feel like with this being season 19, you have a pretty good idea about what's coming.  Every year girls freak out about makeovers, let me tell you this you know that they are coming.  Makeovers have been apart of the show since the very first season.  So prepare yourself for the worst and hope for the best.  If you don't like the makeover, then stick it out and  see how far you get, you can change your look later.  The producers won't do anything that will permanently damage your hair to the point that it won'ts grow back, so it will come back.  Just keep that in mind.

The other thing I have to comment on in this episode is everyone talking about Maria going to Harvard.  For whatever reason she is held to a higher standard than everyone else in certain situations.  Getting into Harvard does not mean that you magically have a good attitude, or don't get mad, or anything else that the girls in the house say she should do or be because she goes to Harvard.  I really don't see how her going to Harvard should have any impact on her standing in the competition at all.  If anything I believe Ivy League girls traditionally don't do too good.  The only other  Ivy Leaguer  I can think of is Victoria from season 9 and she was eliminated in like the 3rd of 4th episode.  So Ivy League really might not be that much of an advantage.

Recap: Including fans in judging should come with live feeds, quitting over hair is just weird to me (especially if you know it's coming) and Ivy League girls shouldn't be held to different standards in certain areas, than Non-Ivy Leaguers.

No comments:

Post a Comment