Sunday, November 4, 2012

Taylor Swift

Yes I am a Taylor Swift fan and I got her new CD a while ago.  I've decided to just tell you what my favorite songs of hers are.  They are not listed in any particular order, since the order would change on a daily basis, but these are the songs I'm most likely to listen to, if I'm in a Taylor Swift mood. They are listed by CD and bonus tracks are included.

Taylor Swift
  • Tied Together With a Smile is a song that really strikes a cord with me. I love that the song basically says, it's okay to fail and being perfect it's the goal.  The goal of life is to live and show your faults, embrace them and learn from them.  This song and it's meaning is something I still have to learn, but I am working on.   
  • I'm Only Me When I'm With You this song has described some of my friendships, specifically with my freshman roommate in college.  This has also driven me to be this way  around everyone and really not hide anything from people.  Since being yourself around only one person isn't that much fun, but I have learned to trust more people and let my guard down more around others.  
  • Mary's Song is a song I love.  I think it's so sweet and just captures the mood of hope, so very well.  It also just makes you want something like that. 
  • A Place in this World describes me the majority of the time perfectly.  I'm 22 and really don't know what's gonna happen and what I want to do.  Therefore this song is perfect, don't know what you want to do, this song says it's okay and you're not alone. 


Fearless
  • The Other Side of the Door  is a song that I listened to after a break-up.  It is about forgiveness and really just wanting to hear someone say that they were wrong and everything will be okay.  This song is still a favorite and kinda my mantra regarding relationships.  
  • Love Story is a song I was sick of when it came out, since it was always playing on the radio, but now I like it again.  It really captures the essence of love (in my mind) and doing what you want to.  It also has the epic love feel, which I'm a sucker for, the same can also be said for Mary's Song.
  • The Way I Loved You is what I want.  I really don't want someone who's gonna be 'perfect', no I want someone with flaws and who will challenge me.  The person who gives me what I want doesn't interest me, because it's like "Do you have an opinion? What do you really think?"
  • The Best Day  describes my mom perfectly.  I have thought for a while if/when I become a mother and I am half the mother she is, my kids will be fine.  Take note to moms this is how a mother/daughter relationship should work.


Speak Now 
  • Speak Now is a song that is just really funny and kinda a fantasy   I kinda wonder, has anyone gone to the church and told the person they love, not to marry the other person. I know it happens in the movies, but I wonder if it happens in real life? Let me know if you know someone that this happened to.  Disclaimer I don't want the person to get hurt, I just want to know if anyone has done this. 
  • Sparks Fly is a song that I was really looking forward for the music video and then it was just concerts.  Major disappointment, but not my call. I still love the song and the epicness that I interpret  as the story. 
  • Mean is a great song for those who have ever been down, because the best revenge is success.  Responding to someone the same way that they hurt you, doesn't do anything but make you two the exact same. Being successful shows this person that they can't hurt you and you are better than them. 


Red
  • Red really struck a cord with me, because of recent events in my personal life.  This song describes my feelings regarding the situation perfectly and I listen to this song all the time. 
  • 22 is a song I love, because I am 22.  The song captures 22 perfectly, just like most of her songs do for me.  
  • We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together is actually the song I'm listening to right now.  It's just so much fun.  I also feel like it's a good revenge song, so it gets an 'A' in my book.  The music video is kinda strange but really funny.  



No comments:

Post a Comment