Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Challenge Battle of the Seasons

I love Wednesdays because both Survivor and The Challenge debut new episodes.  Unfortunately, I don't have cable so I wait until Thursday to watch The Challenge. So I watched The Challenge this morning and got to say was kinda disappointed with this episode.  The game is starting to go down in a predictable manor, with the alliance of rookies picking off the vets.  This alliance makes the game interesting for a while, but now I want to see the Vets win a challenge and a Rookie team lose, then some Rookies will go home.  I don't have anything against the Rookie teams, I just don't like to watch some teams get steamrolled and some teams get an easy road to the finals.  If you want money you should have to work for it and win a challenge or an elimination round.  That's just my feelings, to get money you should win some form of challenge besides the final.

Now I don't really watch The Real World so I don't have a base knowledge of the drama that will affect the teams.  Therefore the only team that I know all of televised drama from the past is Team Fresh Meat.  I think Team Fresh Meat should not have Camilla on it.   I would rather see a girl from Fresh Meat season 1 than Camilla.  Specifically, I would rather see Aviv or an original Fresh Meat girl that hasn't been on a Challenge since that season.  The rest of the teams seem to have a  good mix of drama, competitiveness, and ability to compete.  That mix makes the season interesting to watch and keeps me guessing as to who will go home that week and who will eventually win The Challenge.

At this point I believe that Cancun has a good chance of winning or at least making the finals.  They are in the alliance, but they are not at the forefront of everyone's mind, at least based off of what was shown in episode 3.  Team Las Vegas somewhat screwed themselves by even letting it be known that they considered throwing in Team New Orleans.  By  just considering this move, you are letting people know that you are not 100% committed to the alliance and if there are only 3 teams in the finals, Vegas based on this episode will be the odd team out.  Team San Diego had a lot of drama surrounding them in the first 2 episodes.  With  drama surrounding you, you are in the forefront of everyone's mind and this means when it comes time for arena selections, you are more likely to get picked.  Team New Orleans is being pegged as a weaker team; maybe they are, maybe they aren't, but I think it might be wiser to have a weaker team in the finals.

Think about if you can increase your odds by keeping a weaker team around longer, then wouldn't you.  This strategy worked for Tina on Fresh Meat, she said she knew with Wes and Casey in the finals, she was guaranteed at least 2nd.  Being guaranteed at least 2nd means your only real competition is 1 other team.  your odds go from 1 in 3 to 1 in 2 for whatever the grand prize maybe for that season.  I like 1 in 2 odds better.  Therefore I would bring New Orleans all the way to the finals with me. Who do you think will win?

No comments:

Post a Comment