Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Confessions of a Former Slasher Junkie

So in high school, I used to watch the 'slasher' horror films all the time, I even wrote a paper about the genre.
This is how obsessed with the genre I was.  Well last night I was messing around on my computer and decided to go on 'imdb.com' and look up trivia on random movies.  This proved to be a mistake as I started typing in horror films and this lead to me looking at their trailers.  Well I thought that I could watch the trailers and parts of the movies with no trouble, I was wrong.  I ended staying up later than I wanted to, since after you watch a horror film you don't go to bed- you have to watch something happy or sleep with the lights on.

The choice I picked was watching "I am Number Four".  This movie was interesting and while I had heard about it from some people, it was just touch and go stuff, nothing too serious or in depth.  The main thing I remember about "I am Number Four" is thinking how much I want to watch "Beastly" again (it also stars Alex Pettyfer) and how I really want a dog like the one John had.  Even before the dog shifted into the amazing monster, I wanted that cute puppy.  At the end of the film I was waiting to find out if the DOG survived not if the human or humanoid characters survived.  This is how much I liked this dog.

Arg... I'm going off on random tangents again.  I apologize, now back to the horror stuff.  So I came to realize that even though I could watch the slasher movies no problem before, now I look away or fast forward through the gory scenes. Now I'm not talking the 'safe' horror films, I watched parts of "Hatchet II", "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" series, and some others.  These movies are intense if you're wondering.

I just thought I'd tell you that I can no longer watch the horror films that I used to be able to watch. I wonder what this means,especially with Halloween coming up.  Maybe I'll make a horror list, from the movies I used to watch or maybe I'll just go for the cutesy Halloween product (Great Pumpkin, anyone?) we shall see what happens, until then I will be pining for John's dog.











1 comment: