Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Survivor Philippines Episode 4

So this episode makes me super upset because I  was really pulling for Matsing.  I really thought that they would win the immunity challenge and someone else would go home.  However, that was not in the cards for Matsing.  On to the other tribes since I'm waiting til the end to talk about Russell.  Tandang is the drama tribe.  I keep comparing this season to All Stars since that is the only season besides this one to have three tribes; therefore I apologize in advance for the multitude of comparisons that will be made in this blog.

So back to Tandang, I compare this tribe to Chapera from All Stars.  So why does Tandang remind a lot of Chapera? Well Tandang is on a winning streak, they strategists on their tribe, and they seem to have a potential couple.  One main differnce between to two tribes is that the girls (RC and Abi) came to the forefront in the beginning as the strategists on the tribe.  Pete has been shown to take his time in forming alliances and bonds.  I believe taking your time is a better move, this way you actually have somewhat of an idea of the person that you are getting aligned with.  Pete however, is proving that he thinks moves through much more than RC and Abi ever did.  Framing RC so that Abi is almost forced to bond with you more is genius.  By leaving yourself as the 'best' or only option left for an alliance means the person will always be loyal to you.  You have options but they don't and Abi and RC are slowly running out of options in their tribe.

Strangely Kalabaw really doesn't remind me of Mogo Mogo.  Matsing reminds me of Saboga and already stated Tandang reminds me of Chapera.  Kalabaw just kinda fades into the background.  It's nothing against the tribe, but with Matsing always going to tribal and Tandang has a lot of strategy going on, this leaves Kalabaw as the 'left over' tribe.

Ok now on to Russell.  I do not like Russell.  I think he needs a reality check, stat.  I understand the you like to win but you need to realize that you can't win everything, honestly you should have realized that a long time ago.  I'm really just amazed at his last words.  He was 'blindsided' by his elimination.  Dude, there are three people on your team.  With three people left you should just assume it's going to be you and prepare yourself for the worst.  Russell also said something to the effect of 'Survivor is not for me' sorry I don't remember the exact words, but I laughed at this.  I think Russell mentioned that he wouldn't come back, my response "Good stay away".  Some people can play this game and some can't, Russell can't play this game.  He just doesn't seem to understand that winning all the competitions is not the number one thing, playing a good social game is probably the most important element of Survivor.  Also his (what I'm going to call final plea) made no sense.  Get rid of this guy because down the road he's too much of a threat.  Really!?! In order to be able to start worrying about threats for individual immunity you have to make it to that point.  Worrying about immunity threats with three people left on your tribe is not too smart.  


Let me know what you think, Kristin.

No comments:

Post a Comment