Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Survivor Episode 8- Lost Opportunity?

Sorry for no blog last week, but time caught up with me.  I was thinking about posting something after work, but then I realized that a new episode is airing so it makes last week's episode kinda a mute point.  Ok now on to this week's episode.

Lisa-Please Pick a SIDE
The main thing that stuck out to me during this episode was that Lisa couldn't pick a side.  She even said at tribal that she was a double agent.  Really, and you wanna win.  The weird thing about her speech, is that it didn't make me hate her but kinda made me think that she could get away with it.  What did make me hate her was her telling Pete and Skupin about Malcolm's idol and her saying that she still kept her word.  Really, last I checked telling Malcolm you wouldn't do something and then doing it, means that you LIED, or at least DIDN'T KEEP YOUR WORD. This shows that Lisa can't be trusted.  She doesn't think in black and white, only shades of gray.  This is a problem especially if you make the finals and have to rationalize your decisions for the jury.  Lying but saying that you didn't really isn't a good way to get votes for the million.  Heads up Lisa, you might want to pick a side, like 5 days ago.

Good vs. Evil?
I don't understand this good vs. evil that seems to be going on.  Just because people are negative doesn't mean that they are evil and you are the good ones.  I don't get that at all.  It really doesn't make that much sense to me at all, but I only see these people for an hour each week.  I do applaud the players that see bringing an 'evil' person to the end greatly increases your chances of winning.  As much as I would hate this, I that Abi has a great chance of going far, since no one likes her. Even Pete doesn't like her.  That says something about her.  As for the 'good' people see the paragraph on Penner for his past gameplay.  I could see likable and not liked but this good/evil labeling drives me crazy. 


Penner and the Snake
Penner lucked out with the immunity challenge.  With is being an elimination style challenge, Penner just had to make it past round one and then he had a significantly better chance for immunity.  I did like how Penner won his first immunity challenge with a snake puzzle.  Penner is thought to be one of the sneakiest people in Surivor, he was also called a 'snake' and a 'rat' on his first season of Survivor.  This just shows that this win was meant to be.     
3 Strikes and You're Out...Jeff Kent
Yes this is corny I know, but I couldn't help it.  I actually thought that Jeff was gonna win based on what was shown in the past couple of episodes.  The last few episodes have made Jeff out to be a power player and someone in control of the game.  It seemed as though he was in a good position to win the game, he was likable, athletic, and had a strong mental game.  This elements all come together to form a winner in Surivor. But Jeff played with fire too many times.  He was obsessed with getting rid of the returning players and this ultimately hurt his game.  If  Jeff had at least faked loyalty to Penner, then maybe he could have stayed longer, but he didn't.  Sorry Jeff your obsession got the best of you.  Talk to Dawson about want she gets since you didn't win, maybe she'll ask for cookies!


The Lost Opportunity??
Jeff Probst really confused me with his 'lost opportunity' comment at the end of tribal. Maybe getting rid of Malcolm, I don't know.  Malcolm called people's bluff and it worked for him.  By just saying he would play the idol worried people enough to not vote for him.  It's also possible that no one really was considering voting for Malcolm except for Lisa.  I don't know.  I think Malcolm made a good move.  As for Abi, you didn't have to show your idol! No one knew you had it, so you didn't have to tell people that you had it.  Oh well, hopefully this will just get you eliminated quicker (I can only hope). 




For your viewing pleasure Bradley Cooper and his look-a-like, Malcolm:
I swear these guys look a like. 





No comments:

Post a Comment